The Gathering Place is a free respite service offered once a month (2nd Friday) by Kingwood UMC & CarePartners for caregivers of loved ones with dementia, stroke, Parkinson’s, early stage Alzheimer’s or other disabilities. Caring, competent volunteers provide a break for the caregiver.
- 10:00 a.m. – dropoff
- 1:00 p.m. – pickup
- monthly themes help the care partner identify with the current season, event, and/or holiday
- activities include music, games, chair exercises, interactive conversation, memory-enhancing activities, crafts, guest performers, and lunch
To learn more or register your loved one, contact: Katelin Warren, CarePartners (713) 682-5995.
To volunteer, contact: Nan Johnston, Kingwood UMC at (713) 854-5973.
Second Family Care Team
A ministry of lay Christian volunteers who have gifts of compassion, love, and grace to offer friendship and encouragement to individuals within our congregation and our community who:
- have been diagnosed with terminal or chronic illnesses;
- feel isolated, lonely and are homebound due to physical restrictions; and/or
- family caregivers who take on so many responsibilities in their efforts to provide the best possible care to their loved ones.
Working through pastoral care, in partnership with CarePartners, care circles of volunteers go into homes to visit someone who is ill or lonely to provide:
- occasional meals
- help with light household chores
- help with errands and transportation
- a devotional and the gift of friendship
Second Family Care Team members are old-fashioned neighbors, serving together with a team approach to make a difference. As relationships deepen, care circles become “family”, and with your “bite-sized” commitment of time, blessings flow both ways.
To volunteer or receive assistance, contact: Donna Smith (281) 358-2137, Ext. 1905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A lay-led ministry offering loving assistance for short term needs. Volunteers cook meals, provide transportation to Kingwood/Humble area doctor’s appointments, sit with homebound persons on a limited basis, or pick up prescriptions or groceries for home bound persons. Please call Anita Haun at 281-358-0725 for additional information or to volunteer.
Individuals who lead out in ministering to those going through a difficult time. For more information click here or contact Donna Smith in the church office.
For times and locations of our various support groups click here.