While membership is an important piece of commitment to the community, Discipleship is the vital journey with Jesus. At Kingwood United Methodist Church we focus on discipleship and trust when the time is right, disciples will join the church by way of membership.
Becoming a Disciple
- We believe God has called KUMC to be about one thing: the making of disciples of Jesus Christ.
- We believe the path to discipleship is the most important journey on which we’ll ever embark.
- Discipleship is community that binds us together in love for God and one another
- If you’re interested in being a part of a community of disciples, we want to invite you to consider learning more about KUMC by attending Kingwood Connect
How can I join the church?
- Joining Kingwood United Methodist Church primarily involves three steps:
- Professing your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior
- Being baptized
- Making a commitment to be loyal to the United Methodist Church and in particular Kingwood United Methodist Church
- We celebrate your baptism in other communities of faith
- For first time professions of faith in Christ, speak with a pastor about baptism
- There is an invitation to membership in worship or you can contact Rev. Chris Harrison about more information.
- As a United Methodist Church, we affirm both infant and adult baptism as an authentic and powerful experience of the Holy Spirit.
- The baptism of a child is one of our greatest opportunities to celebrate the work of God in every life.
- If you are interested in learning more about baptizing your child, we invite you to contact Rev. Ellen Kent.
- Baptism is the important first step on the journey to discipleship.
- If you are interested in being baptized, we urge you to contact Rev. Chris Harrison.