Community outreach assistance ministry serving persons living in the Humble, New Caney, and Splendora school districts.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., or until we serve the first 36 clients.
- Closed for school and national holidays.
- Provides at no cost to our clients food and clothing and in some cases limited financial assistance (primarily with utilities or medication).
- Clients may visit SOSS once every 30 days for food, once every 60 days for clothing, and once every 12 months for financial assistance.
- We have three special projects a year.
- Our Back to School Drive supplies over 1,000 children each year with school supplies, a $20 shoe voucher for one pair of new shoes, and new backpacks every year.
- For Thanksgiving we provide over 500 food baskets for a family holiday dinner.
- For Christmas we bring smiles to over 1,200 children, ages 1-16 through age specific gifts.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
- We receive donations and monetary gifts from individuals, philanthropic groups, churches, schools, businesses, corporation volunteer grants, and our major fundraiser – the SOSS women’s tennis tournament – held in the spring.
- Our 150+ regular volunteers give an average of 15 hours per month of their valuable time to SOSS.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- DONATE! We always need gently used clothing, linens, and small household items. Please use your Kroger share card and Randall’s Good Neighbor cards.
- VOLUNTEER! We have a wide variety of places to help, working with clients or working behind the scenes, on a regular basis or on seasonal projects, and flexible scheduling from a couple of hours a month to more.
- GIVE! Financial contributions can be mailed directly to us, or designated to SOSS and dropped in the collection plate at Kingwood United Methodist Church. Society of St. Stephen is a 501c3 agency.
For more information, contact us!
Lynn Harper, Director SOSS
1799 Woodland Hills Drive
Kingwood, Texas 77339